From: "olivierfp" <olivierfp@...>
To: <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2008 8:02 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Pier for ap900

Joe,
Thanks for the input. Do you need a special adapter between the AP900
and the G11 pier? Is this something available from AP?
Olivier
--- In ap-gto@..., "Joseph Zeglinski" <J.Zeglinski@...> wrote:

Hi,

I've got an AP900 mounted on a G11 tripod (which I think is the
same one
for the GM8). It is carrying a Questar-7 MAK (26 lbs), and seems
quite stable.
I haven't done any imaging with it yet, to test it's stability, in a
wind, but
I think it is rock stable. Myself, I would not choose any other
portable pier,
based on carrying weight, and ease of use. I think a G11 pier and an
AP900
make a nice combo.

Joe