From: "hewholooks" <hewholooks@...>
To: <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2008 7:32 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Switching Scopes on 900GTO

Joe and Dean,

Thanks. I think the math is beyond me for your plan, Joe, but it
does sound like a good idea. I will check with CDC and ask about
sync vs rcal functions.

Hunter

--- In ap-gto@..., "Joseph Zeglinski" <J.Zeglinski@...>
wrote:

Hi Hunter,

On the question of aligning all your scopes, would it not be
possible to
determine the "pointing error", for each scope, without it being
precisely
aligned, and simply plug in the correction to the target
coordinates, based on
that predetermined fixed offset? It would be nice if something like
that could
be done right in a Planetarium program, so as you switch and
specify which OTA
you are using, the program compensates for you.

Joe