Re: Error in AP driver

Pierre Henrotay

John,

The sequence cannot work exaclty like this: after the power cycle,
the keypad prompts for location selection; selecting location 1 will
replace the mount values. I habe autoconnect to No and want to leave
it as is.

So I refrained from entering the location 1 and got the
initialization dialog in PulseGuide, where I selected Cancel (did so
whenever PulseGuide was started).

And indeed, the value read back by PulseGuide equals the value it
originally set (and I bet it is set internally to something strange
like W -005:50:00 !!)

Of course, next time I select the location, the value will be changed
to something that PulseGuide cannot retrieve.

So it seems (GTO3 4.12 REV L):
- AP is using 0..360 (unlike LX200)
- AP is having a problem with Gg for East longitudes (storing 355 50
instead of 354 10 for E 5 50)
- PulseGuide is using -180..180 but this leads to strange values (W -
005...); side effect unknown
- PulseGuide cannot read above 180 (and hence East longitudes from AP)
- selecting the location overides the mount value, in the format
0..360

Pierre

Pierre
--- In ap-gto@..., "John Winfield" <winfij@...> wrote:

What if you don't use the handset at all after using pulseguide,
i.e.:

- set the longitude to W 6 50 via the keypad for location 1
- power cycle
- start PulseGuide and get Site Long
- set longitude via PulseGuide to E 5 50, then click "send to mount"
button
- observe that PulseGuide reads back the value correctly
- exit PulseGuide
- power cycle
- start PulseGuide and get Site Long

Does the value read back by pulseguide equal the value it
originally set?

I'm not certain that selecting the location on the handset is a
read-only operation - are those locations stored in the handset or
the
controller?

John

--- In ap-gto@..., "phenrotay" <Pierre.Henrotay@> wrote:

Need to add the following:
right after "observe that PulseGuide reads back the value
correctly"
I use the keypad to
- display the longitude for location 1: it is W 6 50 (although
PulseGuide did send E 5 50)
- get the location from the mount: it displays (!!!) W -05:50:00

Pierre
--- In ap-gto@..., "phenrotay" <Pierre.Henrotay@>
wrote:

Hi Ray,

This is Rev L. CP3 (this is a brand new Mach1).
In my latest tests, I used PulseGuide and only PulseGuide
(1.30).

This is the exact sequence to show the value is not retained
after
power cycle:
- set the longitude to W 6 50 via the keypad for location 1
- power cycle
- start PulseGuide and get Site Long: all fine
- set longitude via PulseGuide to E 5 50, then click "send to
mount"
button
- observe that PulseGuide reads back the value correctly
- exit PulseGuide
- power cycle
- select location 1 via the keypad
- shown: W 6 50 ... too bad ...

Pierre
--- In ap-gto@..., "Ray Gralak" <rgr@> wrote:

Hi Pierre,

I am using Rev I of the firmware (CP3) and the value sent to
the
mount IS
retained after a power cycle. Which Rev are you using?

Also, if there is a bug in the hand controller firmware, it
may
be
wrong
reading as well as writing. If I use PulseGuide and only
Pulseguide
to read
and write the Longitude looks correct with Rev I controller
firmware.

Can you try a test using only PulseGuide to read/write and
look
at
the
serial log?