Re: Error in AP driver

Pierre Henrotay

Hi Ray,

This is Rev L. CP3 (this is a brand new Mach1).
In my latest tests, I used PulseGuide and only PulseGuide (1.30).

This is the exact sequence to show the value is not retained after
power cycle:
- set the longitude to W 6 50 via the keypad for location 1
- power cycle
- start PulseGuide and get Site Long: all fine
- set longitude via PulseGuide to E 5 50, then click "send to mount"
button
- observe that PulseGuide reads back the value correctly
- exit PulseGuide
- power cycle
- select location 1 via the keypad
- shown: W 6 50 ... too bad ...

Pierre
--- In ap-gto@..., "Ray Gralak" <rgr@...> wrote:

Hi Pierre,

I am using Rev I of the firmware (CP3) and the value sent to the
mount IS
retained after a power cycle. Which Rev are you using?

Also, if there is a bug in the hand controller firmware, it may be
wrong
reading as well as writing. If I use PulseGuide and only Pulseguide
to read
and write the Longitude looks correct with Rev I controller
firmware.

Can you try a test using only PulseGuide to read/write and look at
the
serial log?

-Ray

From: ap-gto@...