Re: Error in AP driver

Pierre Henrotay

Hi Ray,

No: unfortunately, the value written by PulseGuide is _not_ retained
properly after a power cycle if the longitude is East.
Last test I did was to set the longitude to W 6 50 then change the
longitude via PulseGuide to E 5 50, then click "send to mount"
button, then power cycle then select location 1 again on the
controller.
Then I inspected the longitude: back to W 6 50 - so the value was
sent but not accepted.

I'd appreciate to have AP to check what is going on: I am now
thinking that the AP controller returns an incorrect string for east
longitude when the Gg command is issued.

Pierre

--- In ap-gto@..., "Ray Gralak" <rgr@...> wrote:

Hi Pierre,

So it seems that the problem might be fixed by changing the keypad
firmware
to write in the range -180 to 180 instead of 0-360. I think because
Pulseguide writes in the range -180 to 180 the value is retained
properly
after a power cycle.

-Ray