Re: Error in AP driver

Ajai Sehgal

Pierre,

Silly question: Did you click the "Get Lat/Long" button in the setup
dialog? Please start a trace just before you do and send it to me.
Also please tell me what appears in the dialog afterwards. This code
is very simple. The mount is reporting the CORRECT information from
your trace below +355*50:00 in AP's format really means E 005:50:00
in standard terms (they measure 360deg positive westward from the
prime meridian).

Here is how the driver works: After putting in the correct LAT and
LONG settings in the dialog initially, click APPLY. This will set
the values into the mount controller (you can also set them into the
controller by hand but BEFORE A GET make sure that the controller is
initialized and you have selected the correct location (I suspect
that you had not done this when getting the bogus values). After
that, clicking on GET LAT/LONG should correspond to the correct values

Ajai

--- In ap-gto@..., "phenrotay" <Pierre.Henrotay@...>
wrote:

Hereafter an extract of the file; puzzling !
[14:25:00] Transmit(":Gt#")...
[14:25:00] ...done
[14:25:00] ReceiveTerminated("#")...
[14:25:01] ...received "+50*35:00#"
[14:25:01] Transmit(":Gg#")...
[14:25:01] ...done
[14:25:01] ReceiveTerminated("#")...
[14:25:01] ...received "+355*50:00#"

When looking at location #1, it says
E 005:50:00
N 50:35:00
This is 4.12 revision L

Pierre

--- In ap-gto@..., "Chuck Faranda" <mail_lists2@>
wrote:

Look in the folder ..&#92;Program Files&#92;Common Files&#92;ASCOM
for 'TraceOn.vbs'. Double click it, select yes to the msg, run the
test. Double click 'TraceOff.vbs' in
the same folder to stop the logging. The log file should be in
C:&#92;SerialTrace.txt.

Chuck