From: "Alan Voetsch" <alanv12952@...>
To: <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 2:06 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Pempro A-P Special Edition-active when shipped?

--- chris1011@... wrote:

The manual says that the error curve from the factory testing
procedures is
already
loaded into the the servo system. Is this active upon arrival, or not?
No, it is in memory, just as if you had placed your own curve into the
memory
(PEM = Periodic Error Memory). Use the keypad to turn it on or off. You
can
also use PEMPro to turn it on. In the keypad, PEM is located under Tools
in the
Main Memory. Just follow the instructions on the PEM screen.
OK, this may be why I see the large jumps when guiding. I'll turn it on
and see if they
still happen. I just went out and checked and I had turned it on 'play'
last time out. I
saw the same type of errors then, as before.

I will observe my guide corrections and then try a PEM run (if needed) to
see if it
helps. I just need to beat the incoming weather.

Alan

Astrophotography: http://www.pbase.com/avoetsch12952

Yahoo! Groups Links