Re: having guiding problems

Roland Christen

In a message dated 12/10/2007 1:59:26 PM Central Standard Time,
alanv12952@... writes:

Thank you for the guidance. I will attempt to view the ST-4 calibration at
next
opportunity.

Another question: should i run a 'PEM' routine before the above? I have not
yet done so.

Alan
Not necessary unless you want to do unguided imaging. PEM is for periodic
error compensation. That means during any unguided imaging, you can drastically
reduce the priodic error (which is a very slow moving error that crops up after
tracking for a fairly long time period within the 6.4 minute worm cycle). The
error is small to begin with, between 3 and 5 arc seconds, so there is no use
trying to chase your guiding problems with yet another issue - an issue that
really does not affect guiding one iota.

Rolando

See AOL's top rated recipes