From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...] On
Behalf Of ceheber
Sent: Monday, November 26, 2007 7:43 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Fried Mount

...then again, maybe not. Turned the mount back on after blow
drying
it and it behaved normally - but, after an hour or so, the mount
started to chatter then run away in RA, it stopped and I got the
"motor stall" message (and power light turns yellow). Doesn't
seem to
be the Y-cable. Both RA and DEC are moving when it behaves. I've
checked the voltage coming from the power supply and it is dead
on
(13.8vdc). Any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

Chuck

--- In ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com>

<mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Richard Moore" <moorerh2@> wrote:

> > Chuck,
> >
> > I had the same problem, random uncontrolled slews,
> > after my CP3 servo and/or its connectors got wet.
> > After drying everything out with a hair dryer everything
> > went back to normal for about an hour. So I gave up
> > and sent the CP3 and the Y cable back to AP. Wally
> > could not find anything wrong and sent it back to me.
> > It now works perfectly. My guess is that by the time
> > it got back to AP that everything had thoroughly
> > dried out. I now tape a piece of plastic sheeting over
> > the CP3 to prevent excessive dew or an
> > unexpected rain shower from getting it wet.
> >
> > I also invested in a spare Y cable, spare power cable
> > and a spare CP3 servo. Since I travel to a dark site and
> > stay for 3 to 6 nights, it is worth the extra money to
> > ensure that I do not have to cut my photon collection
> > time short.
> >
> > Richard

Dec. I can
> > get it to stop by fiddling with the Dec movement keys on the
keypad
> > but then, when I try to resume from park, it's off again.
> > Occasionally on start-up, I get an error message on the
keypad saying