From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...]
On Behalf Of John Winfield
Sent: Thursday, November 22, 2007 6:29 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Park command question

The mount does stop tracking when parked, but the danger is that a
power glitch may cause the mount to restart and thus resume tracking.

I asked on the group here whether AP would add a config option to the
mount to allow the user to disable tracking on startup, but Roland
posted a way to configure the current mount to do that.
I've not tried it myself, but if you search the archive you should
find it.

John

--- In ap-gto@...
<mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Tom Davis" <tvdavis@...> wrote:

I agree, but I want to leave the power to the mount on after it has
parked. This is for a remote operation.

Tom

--- In ap-gto@...
<mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> , "ayiomamitis" <ayiomami@> wrote:

Tom,

To paraphrase Rolando, the mount ALWAYS knows where its
pointing. As a
result, once you park and turn everything off, the mount will know
where it left off upon start-up.

Anthony.

--- In ap-gto@...
<mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> , "Tom Davis" <tvdavis@> wrote:

When I issue a park command through the PulseGuide control panel
does
the RA motor stop after reaching the assigned park position.
Will the
mount stay at that position until a move command is
issued to the
mount. Does the RA motor start again at that point?

Tom