From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...] On Behalf
Of masterson_harold
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 4:34 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: GTO Keypad Firmware

Howard,

Thanks. Will the control of the "What's up now" allow me to set a
filter which eliminates objects below a settable elevation angle? I
spend a lot of time slewing to objects below the local tree line.

Harold

--- In ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> ,
"Howard" <howard@...> wrote:

Hi Harold,

I'm not Marj, but I'm pretty familiar with the v.4.20 firmware
project
and am personally beta testing the firmware. There are several
nice
additions to the already impressive functionality and reliability of
v.4.12. Most notable are some new database catalogs. (Details on
some of these are still being hammered out.) In addition, v.4.20
will
allow a wider selection of mounts including the Mach1GTO and mounts
from
Parallax and Mathis that use our GoTo system. The keypad will now
be
able to poll the mount for the ROM chip version so you no longer
have to
pull the cover off of your control box to check your chip.
The "What's
up now?" function has been greatly improved allowing far better
control
of the objects it selects. A bookmark function has been added that
allows you to program a night's worth of observing targets into a
list,
or to keep a new found favorite handy for further examination. I
used
this feature just last night with comet Holmes 17P, that I was
showing
to trick-or-treaters. I only had to enter the RA and dec once,
then I
bookmarked it, and all night long I could slew around to different
objects and always get back to the comet very quickly. All the
ghouls
and goblins were really impressed!

Mag. 7 skies!

Howard Hedlund