From: "jsmiller58" <jsmiller58@yahoo.com>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2007 6:00 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: 3600GTO - El Capitan unveiled at AIC

Thanks fo the heads up, Joe!

For the 3600, if I have to re-do the pier, it will be worth it!
However, I think that I have a pretty hefty pier now... 4'x4'x4'
concrete footer sunk in the ground, with a 12" Inner Diameter schedule
40 steel pipe sunk 3 feet into the 4' deep footer. But, as they say
in the commercials, that's not all... The concrete extends up another
4' above the ground level (the above ground level is a 36" diameter
circular concrete "pier" around the steel pipe). Then the steel pipe
itself rises above the floor level (with the floor and pier physically
isolated). So, the pier is a combination concrete and steel pier 7
feet tall no less than 36" in diameter, and the footer much bigger
than that, with the steel pipe embedded into this almost all the way
down (I left 1 foot of concrete below the bottom of the pipe)... I
hope that I have a fighting chance... :-)

James

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Zeglinski" <J.Zeglinski@...> wrote:

Hi James,

Since you haven't gotten delivery of your AP1200 yet, I hope you
haven't
poured the concrete for your 1200 pier. You're going to need a bit
more for
the heftier 3600 pier.

Just in case you forgot about that ...
Joe