From: "Jerry Lodriguss" <lists5@...>
To: <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: 3600GTO - El Capitan unveiled at AIC

At 04:16 PM 10/26/2007, you wrote:
Marj, that is HUGE! All the talk in another forum is, "How much $$"
I'm betting 15K for the mount alone.
Roland is still keeping that a secret, huh?
15K for that mount?

You are going to be sadly disappointed.

Meade sells their big mount for that $30K, surely an AP mount must be
worth, I would guess, 2-3 times that much.

The Takahashi EM-2500 Temma-2 Mount with a 155 lb. load capacity is $46K.

If you base it solely on the relationship between the mount number
and the price of a fully equipped mount (counterweights, dovetail,
etc)... AP900 is about 9K, AP1200 about 12K, then the price would be
about 36K for the 3600 mount... I'm betting more.

Let's get up a pool and maybe Roland will give a free one as a prize
to the one who guesses correctly!

:-)

Jerry

Yahoo! Groups Links