From: William R. Mattil
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, October 26, 2007 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] Re: 3600GTO - El Capitan unveiled at AIC

Jerry Lodriguss wrote:
> 15K for that mount?
>
> You are going to be sadly disappointed.
>
> Meade sells their big mount for that $30K, surely an AP mount must be
> worth, I would guess, 2-3 times that much.
>
> The Takahashi EM-2500 Temma-2 Mount with a 155 lb. load capacity is $46K.
>
> If you base it solely on the relationship between the mount number
> and the price of a fully equipped mount (counterweights, dovetail,
> etc)... AP900 is about 9K, AP1200 about 12K, then the price would be
> about 36K for the 3600 mount... I'm betting more.
>
> Let's get up a pool and maybe Roland will give a free one as a prize
> to the one who guesses correctly!

Jerry,

It's entirely likely that the AP3600 is/was meant to provide those AP
Customers a mount that is equal to or surpasses the Bisque mount. And
from the looks of they have indeed done exactly that. So in that light
$15K would be about right.

The Meade mount at any price is still a Meade :( Besides ..... didn't
that price include the optical tube ?

Marj: Put me on the list. I'll take one <g>

Regards

Bill

--

William R. Mattil : http://www.celestial-images.com