Re: 1200GTO as a portable mount?

ayiomamitis

--- In ap-gto@..., "William R. Mattil" <wrmattil@...> wrote:

ayiomamitis wrote:
Dean,

I have also loaded my Tak FSQ on the AP1200GTO and there is indeed a
small problem with the balancing but it is not permanent. I picked up
a 10-lb counterweight and now everything is fine.

Anthony,
Hi Bill,

Might it be that you have an older AP1200 ? Because I can assure you
It is from last year's production run and which I received during the
summer. It is the latest version.

that with my FSQ on my AP1200 it doesn't balance. The OTA is *not*
heavy

I agree that the OTA does not balance enough and I do have the
mounting plate a little further up along the saddle plate but I *** DO
*** reach balance with my FSQ+ST-2000XM.

enough. My AP1200 has the longer CW shaft and this contributes to
this..... I won't say problem because something like this we should all
suffer from :)
I also have the standard (longer) CW shaft.

The shorter CW Shaft from the AP900 will let it balance.
I tried using one of my 18-lb counterweights but there was no way it
would balance. Along with my Mach1GTO I purposely picked up a 10-lb
counterweight specifically for the FSQ-AP1200GTO and everything now is
fine.

Anthony.

Bill

--