Re: AP1200 PE/PEMPro Query

Richard Kinsey

Hi Ray, one question please. Having checked all the settings in
PEMPro and the ASCOM settings, I discovered that the "PEM Playback"
check-box in the ASCOM settings was checked. Would this setting
override the PEC enable/disable options in PEMPro and the PEC
settings within the AP hand-controller? I have downloaded the PEC
data from the mount, which provides a PE curve of 2.2 arc secs peak
to peak. What I still cannot understand is why the PE was higher with
PEC enabled. I think that I will wait for a very steady night and
record it again.
Thanks, Richard
--- In ap-gto@..., "Ray Gralak" <rgr@...> wrote:

Hi Richard,

Just to be clear... you are using PEMPro only to measure the PE,
correct?

If so, it may just be that was loaded into the mount needs to be
inverted.
Just use PEMPro to download the original curve and save it to a
file for
future reference. Then while still in PEMPro invert the curve you
just
downloaded from the mount and upload it back to the mount. Then
measure the
PE again with PEM on.

-Ray