Re: AP1200 PE/PEMPro Query

Richard Kinsey

Rolando, many thanks for your message and advice. Can I please ask
thay you clarify one point. Am I right in assuming that the factory
installed lab PEC data only play's when PEC is enabled via the hand-
controller or PEMPro? If so, it would appear that the PE of the mount
is only 1.5 arc secs peak to peak without PEC, which is obviously
excellent. That being the case, is PEC likely to improve on that?

Thanks in advance, Richard

--- In ap-gto@..., chris1011@... wrote:

In a message dated 10/18/2007 6:34:42 PM Central Daylight Time,
richard.kinsey@... writes:

Hi Ray, yes, I have only been using PEMPro to record the PE. I
haven't downloaded any information to the mount, so the original
PEC
data should be retained. I will do as you suggest, but can you
please
explain how I can downlaod the PEC data from the mount and invert
it?
Many thanks, Richard
Inverting the PEM data will not work. The data was taken with lab
equipment
and then downloaded to the memory. The mount was then run again to
insure that
the periodic error was reduced and a record of both before and
after was
taken. The data in the mount is correctly loaded and should not be
inverted. If you
want to save this data to your computer, you can do so with PemPro
and store
it on your laptop. You can make a new curve using PemPro on the
night sky,
taking several cycles of PE, smooth it and download it to your PE
memory in the
servo. If this works better than the original, then use it.

Rolando

See what's new at
http://www.aol.com