very strange problem with AP 900 tracking

Dick Locke

Hello,

I'm seeking advice for what seems to be a fairly large RA tracking
rate error with my AP 900GTO. I'm using an STV, and during drift
alignment using the classic star in east & star south, I'm seeing what
seems to be a RA error of around 60 arc seconds per minute. The dec
graph is very flat, indicating at least a fair alignment. I also took
some (accidentally) 4 minute unguided photos with my DSLR the other
night and they had long trails. So, this seems to confirm something
is amiss.

Looking for suggestions to further debug this problem. The good news
is I am about to guide out the error and take good pictures, but would
like to know what's going on!

Thanks in advance,

-Dick Locke