Re: Runaway mount

Peter Santangeli

Sorry, I guess I'm not being clear about the setup.

- The focusser is a JMI DXF3M with built in motor.
- The motor is plugged into the AP900.
- The focus commands are being generated by FocusMax, which is using
the ASCOM driver for the AP900
- The ASCOM driver is sending focus commands (I assume) to the AP900
- The AP900 is driving the focus motor

Pete

--- In ap-gto@..., kgkirkley@... wrote:

In a message dated 9/29/07 8:20:40 PM, peter@... writes:

It's a simple JMI focus motor plugged into the AP900, then
controlled
via the mount and the ASCOM driver. It *should* work with
focusMax.

Pete
So the JMI focus motor is just getting its power from the AP900.
That doesn't mean the mount is controlling the focus motor.
If there are power problems with the power to the mount then that
might have
an influence on the power to the focus motor..

Kent Kirkley