Goto's and a pointing model

Jeff Young <jey@...>

I've been using my 16" SCT with the mirror locked lately to try and get
more consistent collimation. There's still some flop (either in the
primary or secondary) when I cross the meridian or go from pointing N
to pointing S. But much less than without the mirror lock.

I suppose it's no surprise that my GoTos have also dramatically
improved. While I still get a bit of error crossing the meridian or E-
W line, my pointing is +/- 2 arc-minutes within a quadrant.

I have an instrument on order with a fixed primary, which should solve
the crossing quadrants issue. So, to be honest, I'm not even sure I'd
use that pointing model I've been requesting....

-- Jeff.