Re: Mount does not stop Update

Dean Salman <cluster@...>

Thanks for letting me know. I suspect that there is come kind of
configuation issue somewhere. I was almost certain that there was no
issue with the mount itself because of the way the mount was treated
in an observatory home and because it guides perfect as well as slews
in the Sky. I did a couple of e-mails from others with issues using
2 cables, not sure if it was the exact issue, but they gave up on the
2 cables as well.

I have kind of given up on have both connected because there really
is no reason for me to do this now that I have CCD Commander and
plate solveing down. I just need to use pulse guide to initialize
the mount and that is about it. What I do is start from Park 1 and
run a CCD Commander script to move to a star, right now Deneb, and
plate solve. Then sync on the sky. It can't be any easier than that
I have to say.

The 4.12 upgrade did fix an issue in the park I was having and the
upgrade was so easy that I recommend anyone to do that. AP made just
about the best software I have seen to do this and being a software
developer, that should say a lot.

Dean

--- In ap-gto@..., "sreilly" <sreilly@...> wrote:

Dean,

How is TheSky configured? Are you using the ASCOM or native driver?
I can
see where conflicts can occur if TheSky is connected via native and
Pulse
Guide by ASCOM. The proper way to connect would be via a ASCOM
telescope
hub. I use ACP as the direct control of the telescope and TheSky
with the
ASCOM TeleAPI, Pulse Guide and MaxImDl. Other than ACP, all other
telescope
connects are "ACP Telescope Hub". This way all commands are issued
directly
to the mount via ACP. All other programs talk to the mount by
communicating
through ACP.

Steve

_____