From: "Dean Salman" <cluster@ccdimages.com>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 4:47 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: Mount does not stop

The problem occurs at 600 and I have 12.5 volts because the box I
have is a custom built box (by a professional EE that works at Keck
now) and reports exactly the output sent to what is attached. So
this is sounding like what I have heard from others and need to send
in the control box.

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, chris1011@... wrote:

In a message dated 8/8/2007 2:14:01 PM Central Daylight Time,
cluster@... writes:

When I use the keypad, sometimes the mount will continue to slew
so I
have to press stop.
Your voltage supply is too low for the slew speed that you have
chosen. That
means that the motors are not getting enough voltage to achieve the
chosen
slew speed. Therefore the motors will fall behind the commanded
position and are
trying to make up for the position shortfall at the end after you
have let go
of the buttons.

Do one of two things: either get a 15 volt supply that can deliver
the
current necessary for the 1200x slew speed or turn your max slew
speed down to a
lower value (600x for heavy loads).

Rolando

Get a sneak peek of the all-new