Re: How to measure amps, please?

Brian Guerin

I have posted to the files section a very simple diagram of how to
hook up a multimeter to a Mach1 cigarette plug power cord for
balancing your RA/DEC axis. I recommend using a digital multimeter.

Brian

--- In ap-gto@..., "tucstargzr" <tucstargzr@...> wrote:

Brian,

Is there a way you could scan that into the files section?

TIA

Tom

--- In ap-gto@..., "bguerin1234" <zapkgbg@> wrote:

Jim,

I have a diagram of how to hook up your multimeter to your Mach1
measure the amp draw. Email me a number and I'll fax you the
diagram.

Brian

--- In ap-gto@..., "Jim Buchanan"
<jim_buchanan2423707@>
wrote:

I have been trying to measure the amps of this Mach1 for
balancing
the
OTA, and I must be missing something. Any help would be
appreciated.

Does the ammeter/2-leads act as one of the 2 power wires going
the
Mach1 control box? Or does the ammeter/2-leads act in parallel
one
of the 2 power wires going to the Mach1 control box? Or none of
the
above?

I am using the A-P supplied power cord with cig lighter plugged
into
15amp power supply.

Thanks, Jim.