RS232

snightingale40 <snightingale40@...>

Hello,

I'm trying to set up my new computer (with windows vista) to download
the database to my hand controller--it isn't corrupted, but figured I'd
get it up and running if needed in the future.

Anyhow, there is no RS232 jack on the back of this computer and I'm
wondering if it is as simple as getting a USB-serial converter; Radio
Shack shows one for about 40 bucks.

And if I could get my computer to stop asking for an mscomm32 file (it
doesn't seem to believe I've installed it) I'll be in business! (All of
this worked fine on my 10 year old computer!)

Steve