From: "ayiomamitis" <ayiomami@otenet.gr>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 4:57 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: New features

Joe,

If you press on the left arrow ("<"), it will dim the display.

Anthony.

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Zeglinski" <J.Zeglinski@...> wrote:

Hi Roland,

Still going through the details in the manual on my new AP900,
but I was
wondering:
Is there a "power saving function" on the display?

Unless I need RA/DEC, or LST, displayed all the time (for timing
observation events), the fluorescent display tube could be turned
off. It
should then be reactivated when any button is pushed.

It might not save a lot of power, but every bit helps when running
everything off a battery.
Perhaps this, along with a "user selectable blink rate" for the guiding
eyepiece power port, could be simple features added to the next keypad
firmware update.

Joe