Re: First images with AP1200 GTO

ayiomamitis

--- In ap-gto@..., chris1011@... wrote:

In a message dated 6/22/2007 11:23:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
ayiomami@... writes:

The concern I have with my set is the nice big circles which
show up when taking flats.
Rolando,

That's caused by dust particles.
Can you please take a look at the following:

http://www.astrovox.gr/forum/download.php?id=2303 (Clear)
http://www.astrovox.gr/forum/download.php?id=2304 (Lum)
http://www.astrovox.gr/forum/download.php?id=2305 (Red)
http://www.astrovox.gr/forum/download.php?id=2306 (Green)
http://www.astrovox.gr/forum/download.php?id=2307 (Blue)

Because the large circles move from master image to master image, we
can rule out any possible particles on the CCD window which leaves (?)
the filters themselves.

I have looked very carefully at the filters and even tried cleaning
them but the result remains the same. The circles also seem very big
to be dust motes. I am wondering if the problem is at source during
manufacture?

Anthony.