Re: First images with AP1200 GTO

peturnielsen

and price ?

astrodon (6nm) is $695 vs baader (7nm) is $335 !!(for STL 11000)

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, kgkirkley@... wrote:

In a message dated 6/21/07 1:42:04 PM, chris1011@... writes:

I have been testing the Baader filters for the last week under all
kinds of
sky conditions. I do not see any halos around any bright stars. My
H-a
images
are very sharp with no reflections or ghost images around any
stars. Maybe I
am
mistaken about Astrodon filters (I have not tested them myself,
but go only
on what I have heard from others). I do know that several of my
RGB filters
in
my ST10 camera cause multiple reflection ghosts near bright stars.
I don't
know who makes these filters for SBIG, but they are not of the
quality level
of
the Baader series. In my STL11K camera I have installed 3 of the
narrow band
2"
Baader filters and the images they produce are super nice. All Baader
filters
have high grade multi-layer coatings on them to insure freedom from
reflections.

It may also be that the original poster's reflections are coming
from his
cover glass and filter rear surface, something that can't be
avoided unless
the
coverglass is coated with a multi-layer.

Rolando
Roland:

Thanks for the clarification.

Kent