Re: First images with AP1200 GTO

Tom Davis

I know this would be difficult to do, but it would be very
illustrative to see a same target, same scope, same camera but
different filters (especially RGB) side by side image comparison. I
currently have A-dons and unfortunately sold my SBIG/CS filters.

Tom

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, chris1011@... wrote:

In a message dated 6/21/2007 2:32:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
stuart.j.heggie@... writes:

Roland, the SBIG filters are from Custom Scientific I believe. I
get very
strong halos from my green Astrodon. I had thought it was due to
the fast
f-ratio I was shooting with the scope I've had till now.
I have an older SBIG ST10E which has very strong multiple
reflections form
the green filter and fainter ones from the blue. These filters have
no coatings
on one side, so about 4% of the energy keeps bouncing between front
and rear
surface. I do not know where SBIG got those filters. The STL11K
camera that I
got from Ray Gralack have Custom Scientific RGB filters, he tells
me. I have
not had any reflection problems with them.

Rolando

See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.