Re: First images with AP1200 GTO

Roland Christen

In a message dated 6/21/2007 2:32:22 PM Central Daylight Time,
stuart.j.heggie@sympatico.ca writes:

Roland, the SBIG filters are from Custom Scientific I believe. I get very
strong halos from my green Astrodon. I had thought it was due to the fast
f-ratio I was shooting with the scope I've had till now.
I have an older SBIG ST10E which has very strong multiple reflections form
the green filter and fainter ones from the blue. These filters have no coatings
on one side, so about 4% of the energy keeps bouncing between front and rear
surface. I do not know where SBIG got those filters. The STL11K camera that I
got from Ray Gralack have Custom Scientific RGB filters, he tells me. I have
not had any reflection problems with them.

Rolando

See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.