Re: New features

Wiggins, Rick

Hi Roland,
Good point. I forgot about the power for the display. Leave it the
way it is. I love it, and have been able to do everything I need "As
Is".
Thanks, Rick

--- In ap-gto@..., chris1011@... wrote:

In a message dated 6/18/2007 5:25:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
rickwiggins@... writes:

B) Bluetooth >> maybe $25 to eliminate the serial cable and $75
eliminate the handcontroller cable.
The problem again with the keypad (hand controller) is that we
chose to use a
type of display that works down to -40F. This display uses a lot
of power.
Batteries to power the keypad would not work very long. The keypad
must get 12
volt power from somewhere, thus the cord. The alternative is to
use an LCD
display which uses almost no power, but which freezes up in the
cold, or becomes
slow and unreadable.

Rolando

See what's free at