From: <chris1011@...>
To: <ap-gto@...>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 6:42 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] New features

In a message dated 6/18/2007 5:25:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
rickwiggins@... writes:

B) Bluetooth >> maybe $25 to eliminate the serial cable and $75 to
eliminate the handcontroller cable.
The problem again with the keypad (hand controller) is that we chose to use
type of display that works down to -40F. This display uses a lot of power.
Batteries to power the keypad would not work very long. The keypad must get
12
volt power from somewhere, thus the cord. The alternative is to use an LCD
display which uses almost no power, but which freezes up in the cold, or
becomes
slow and unreadable.