From: "mizzou156" <mizzou156@yahoo.com>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2007 5:56 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] rs 232 to usb conversion

A big THANK YOU to all the folks that provided input as to how to go
about doing the rs232 to usb conversion. Thanks to you, I was able to
do the conversion and control the telescope from over 100 feet away via
an ethernet connection. I utilized an Anywhere Usb/5 adapter from IO
Gear and their rs232 to usb Edgeport/2 converter. CAT5E cable
(utilized as a crossover cable...not straight thru) allowed me to
connect the computer directly to the Anywhere Usb hub. All firewalls
and wireless connections had to be turned off.......Mizzou

Yahoo! Groups Links