rs 232 to usb conversion

mizzou156 <mizzou156@...>

A big THANK YOU to all the folks that provided input as to how to go
about doing the rs232 to usb conversion. Thanks to you, I was able to
do the conversion and control the telescope from over 100 feet away via
an ethernet connection. I utilized an Anywhere Usb/5 adapter from IO
Gear and their rs232 to usb Edgeport/2 converter. CAT5E cable
(utilized as a crossover cable...not straight thru) allowed me to
connect the computer directly to the Anywhere Usb hub. All firewalls
and wireless connections had to be turned off.......Mizzou