From: Joseph Zeglinski
To: ap-gto@...
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] rs 233 to USB conversion

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for the explanation about the Linksys and windows.

I too found this problem odd - and was very curious why my cheap (G class)
Giagafast wireless router (set up as a repeater), was weaker looking directly
out of the walkout glass doors, than when I moved it above a bookshelf in the
next room (2 feet away). There, it's signal had to go through 2 inches of
Styrofoam insulation and a brick wall (and even an 8 inch cube of solid
Plexiglas that it was sitting in front of!

However, my 1985 sliding door has the old style thermopane glass, not the
inner optical metallic coated "E-Glass" filter, so I still wonder if your
theory holds. Maybe it's just that the two panes of glass, at a specific
spacing, cause the signal of a certain wavelength to get reflected by a
greater amount than going through brick walls.

Joe