From: "Stuart Heggie" <stuart.j.heggie@sympatico.ca>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 5:29 PM
Subject: Re: [ap-gto] rs 233 to USB conversion

Joe, this is very useful information! I have W2000 on the laptop in the
observatory and my system does not perform per the promise on the Wireless-N
router box. BUT, it works so I'm okay. I didn't realize that the wireless-N
card I bought for the laptop is not working as an "N" card. Rats! I'm using
VNC Ultra to operate the laptop from the house computer - totally cool.

The good news (for them what are worried) is that my house computer is
running Vista so I'm talking Vista<->W2000 and it is working. I was quite
worried this would be a problem.

Also, I learned something about my new windows (glass/metal type, not
computer OS). I put my Linksys router in the window sill to have a line of
sight to the observatory and it didn't work at all until it was suggested
that the window had a metalized layer to keep heat in the house and when I
moved it down so that it had to "look" through the wooden walls, everything
started working fine!

Stuart