rs 233 to USB conversion

mizzou156 <mizzou156@...>

Hello to All,
I'm new to the ap 900 mount and astronomy. Mount works fine, but I
now want to utilized the remote control software of my laptop. The
laptop will be approximately 100ft away from the ap 900 gto, and I
realize that I will have to do a rs232 to USB conversion. Is there a
list of components and their manufacturers which will allow me to
control the mount from that distance?
I am not sure how all of the components will go together to make
this work. I currently have windows xp ver. 2, but no rs 232 port on
the laptop. Starry Night pro ver. 6 and pulseguide software
Any help and direction will be appreciated.... Thank
You,....Mizzou