Re: bluetooth to the mount!

rsampsonus

Hey Jeff,

I also use Bluetooth on my AP1200GTO and with the help of Howard
from AP he sent me the pinout of Com port 1 and Com port 2 and I can
say without a doubt the Bluetooth adapter will not work without a
Power Source. I took an built a little additional circuit (DC/DC Step
down Convertor)to come off the 12.0 Volt input connector where it
mounts to the circuit Board.(Howard was a little concern with me
initially leaching power off any of their current supplies as the
regulator get warm with both servos motors are running, so I opted to
build my own supply) The Convertor gives me 5.0 Volts to run
my "Socket" Bluetooth adapter. Pin # 9 is open per the Pinout of Com
1 that Howard set to me. So I tie the 5.0 volts to pin 9 on Com port
1 to power the adapter.
I am currently running a Pocket PC (IPAQ 2795) with the Sky with
T-point (although I haven't had a chance to generate a pointing model
yet in T-point). The only issue I am finding is running Bluetooth on
the Pocket PC is battery life and I just purchased the heavy duty
battery pack that has twice the standard battery packs capacity. I
will post pictures of design and setup in a bit my personal life is a
little busy currently.

Best Regards and for Gods sake how about some clear
Skies up here in the Northeast during a new moon, Ron S

--- In ap-gto@..., "Jeff Young" <jey@...> wrote:

Dick --

Cool. I'll be very interested to find out....

-- Jeff.