From: ap-gto@... [mailto:ap-gto@...] On
Behalf Of dtlnew
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2007 6:17 PM
To: ap-gto@...
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: bluetooth to the mount!

Dennis,

Thanks.

Your description of when synch should be used is consistent with
the
instructions. What I was specifically doing was using "The Sky
6"
synch command on the telescope tab of the object information
menu.

I have no idea if that does a sync or rcal, or something else!

-Dick Locke

--- In ap-gto@... <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com>
, "Dennis Persyk" <dpersyk@> wrote:

> Hello Dick,
>
> Thanks for the informative web page. I was concerned about
your
> advice regarding "re-synching": "So the strategy is to just
slew to
> a bright star in the part of the sky you want to be in,
re-synch the
> mount to that star after you slew, and then you will have good

> accuracy in that part of the sky."
>
> I thought sync is applied only to the first star of the
session and

<http://dpersyk.home.att.net>