Re: Mach1GTO + AP 10" Mak-Cass???

Roland Christen

In a message dated 5/2/2007 6:28:49 PM Central Daylight Time,
echan1127@... writes:

Would this work for visual purposes?

The AP 10" is 33 lbs which is within the listed weight limit; but I've
been told "no" by several people. Thought I'd post the question here.
I have done extensive imaging (and soem visual) with a 10" Meade LX200R, with
attached telecompressor and STL11K camera - total weight about 36lb. The
mount worked flawlessly and very comfortably with that weight. It isn't the
weight, it is the moment arm. A very long refractor with the same weight would
probably be bouncy on that mounting, since it would need to be high up, plus it
would put more torque stress on the gear teeth.

Rolando

See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.

Join {main@ap-gto.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.