Re: PEMPro with SBIG STV

Edd Weninger

Dick,

Try your STV guiding without PemPro first. You may find you don't
need it. My STV does an excellent job with my older 1200 without any
PEC. These mounts are very smooth (I also have a 900) and a newer
mount should have smaller PE.

Edd Weninger
Overgaard AZ 6650'

--- In ap-gto@..., "dtlnew" <dtlnew@...> wrote:

Hello all,

I'm testing my 900GTO mount out (pier arriving soon!) and started
looking at PEMPro. I have several questions, but the most
important is:
Will PEMPro work with my SBIG STV autoguider/camera?

According the the AP website, PEMPro 1.7 requires CCDSoft V5, Maxim
DL
V4, or AstroArt V3. Which of these is known to work with the STV
and
PEMPro 1.7? I'd also be interested in recommendations as I
have "none
of the above."

The main thing I want to accomplish would be to use PEMPro to record
and average corrections across many worm cycles, and then program
the
mount to compensate for the average PE error.

I realize I can use the STV to feed corrections to the mount, but
without the averaging capabilities. (How much difference does that
make?)

Thanks!

-Dick Locke