AP Difficulties-RESOLUTION!

jjbadal2003

After accepting the futility of self-help, I gave AP tech support a
call. 'Mechano-sleuths' Christine and Wally predicted binding of a
gear in the RA motor 'box'. This was diagnosed by comparing the
tension differance in RA to the Dec gear box.In my case great effort
was required to move the small gear that engages the plate sized gear
in the RA housing. Slight loosening of both SS cap head bolts that
attach the black RA gear box to the RA housing did the trick. Wally
explained that these problems develop, not from customer abuse to
mount (from travel,dropping, etc.), but just plain and simple "Majic".
Thanks AP. Joe