From: "Mike Chapa" <mjchapa@aol.com>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:37 AM
Subject: [ap-gto] What hemisphere am I in again?

Howdy,

I haven't been doing much in the hobby the last year, but tried to
enjoy some views of the moon through my TEC160FL tonight. After
polar aligning, I looked at the moon for a while and then wondered
what some objects in Ursa Major might look like with a bright moon.
However, when I asked it to go to M51, etc., it said they were below
the horizon. I checked the date and time and location and they all
seemed fine. One of the pages said I couldn't change anything there
because I was in LOC:E--what does that mean?

I confess not to being an expert on the AP900GTO--I've always found
the handpaddle a bit non-intuitive and I'm often too lazy to read the
manual. But, I don't think it has ever done this before and it
always tracks like a dream. I'm running 4.07 I think. Can anyone
offer some advice how to fix this problem? I realigned 3 times and
turned the power off/on several times with realigning and nothing
changed. I tried polar align feature and 2 star align--same result.
Of note, the mount always returned spot-on to the alignment stars, it
just wouldn't slew to M# objects, etc. Thank you.

Mike Chapa
www.chapaccd.com

Yahoo! Groups Links