Re: Takahashi TOA-150 on AP 900GTO ?

jjbadal2003

-Neils. I think the TOA150 is 179mm diamter, so 155 rings wont fit.
Parallax makes rings for TOA150. You could use those with the
terrific and well priced AP 15inch ribbed plate. I think Socalastro
makes a TOA150 ring also (or at least used to). Joe

-- In ap-gto@..., "nfoldager" <nf@...> wrote:

I want to attach my Takahashi TOA-150 refractor to my 900GTO.

I could purchase an appropriate dovetail and a Losmandy saddle.

However, the quick release is not important as this will be a
permanent setup.

Should I make a heavy aluminum base plate for the TAK rings and
scrue
it directly on the 900GTO?

Can such a plate be purchased? (I cannot CNC machine it myself)

I imagine that such a plate will be even more rugged than a
dovetail-
saddle system, but may be wrong. What do you think? Any
experiences?

Any suggestion or comment is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Niels Foldager