From : nfoldager[mailto:nf@dadlnet.dk]
Sent : 4/26/2007 5:48:11 AM
To : ap-gto@yahoogroups.com
Cc :
Subject : RE: [ap-gto] Takahashi TOA-150 on AP 900GTO ?

I want to attach my Takahashi TOA-150 refractor to my 900GTO.

I could purchase an appropriate dovetail and a Losmandy saddle.

However, the quick release is not important as this will be a
permanent setup.

Should I make a heavy aluminum base plate for the TAK rings and scrue
it directly on the 900GTO?

Can such a plate be purchased? (I cannot CNC machine it myself)

I imagine that such a plate will be even more rugged than a dovetail-
saddle system, but may be wrong. What do you think? Any experiences?

Any suggestion or comment is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Niels Foldager

Yahoo! Groups Links