Re: Balance Procedure

Roland Christen

In a message dated 4/21/2007 8:52:34 AM Central Daylight Time,
drichey@sandia.net writes:

What's the procedure for rebalancing. If I have very good polar alignment
and a good
pointing accuracy, but need to loosen the clutces and reblance the load due
to adding
equipment, how do I maintain my pointing model.
Your pointing model is not affected if you loosen the clutches to rebalance.
On the other hand, why do you need to do this? I image all the time without
ever rebalancing. It is not really necessary. I have been as much as 8lb out of
balance on both 900/1200 mounts, and recently ran 6lb out of balance on my
little bitty Mach1 mount. The tracking/guiding was spot on perfect.

Roland Christen

See what's free at
http://www.aol.com.