Re: Advice please: Standard verus Rotating Pier Adapter

Joe Zeglinski

Hi Kent,

The way I figured it - the G11 head, complete, is 39 lbs, and no fun
lifting into position.
The AP900 RA with fork is 35 lbs. Add the RPA (about 5 lbs), and we are back
into the G11 weight category, which I was eagerly trying to get away from. It
still is an even possibility, but hauling the RPA around attached to the RA
assembly, is a minus.

Joe

Joe:
Roland even suggests that one can leave the mount attached to the RPA and
remove them both as a unit. If the pier is permanent, you can just replace
'the
unit' into the pier and probably keep polar alignment.

Kent Kirkley