From: "Bob Holzer" <b.holzer@comcast.net>
To: <ap-gto@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 3:56 PM
Subject: [ap-gto] Re: UPS delivery - be VERY careful

Well, the idiots at UPS tried to deliver to my home again after
reconfirming twice that it was supposed to be redirected to my office.

The ironic part is my office is across the street, literally, from UPS
World HQ and I can't do anything about it :(

Bob

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Bob Holzer" <b.holzer@...> wrote:

Well, we'll see what happens. Although I changed the address for
delivery to my office, they tried again yesterday to deliver it to my
home where no one was home again. Now, the online tracking has stopped
as of last night, so I have no idea where the mount is and if it will
make it to the office today.

Bob :-(

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "roy" <roystarman@> wrote:

You noticed that Marj said she tracked it. USPS doe not as of a few
years
ago (2004) always scan a package with that extra service they offer.
I sent
a letter and a check to a mortgage company that way and of course
it got
lost. When I tried to track it via the system it shows leaving my
local area
and arriving at an interim place but nothing else. Where the USPS
does excel
in is attempting to make delivery. Once they found the letter a
few days
later it was delivered as the mortgage company notified me but the
scan
still showed it in transit. Frankly I normally use air freight
either UPS or
Fed EX, my belief being the reduction of bumpy truck rides, One
bumpy ride
to the airport onto a relatively smooth airplane and then another 2
bumpy
truck rides at the destination. This beats the all the bumpy truck
rides
from anywhere. BTW if you watch your routing you wonder how stuff
gets where
it is going as efficiently as it does.

_____

From: ap-gto@yahoogroups. <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> com
From: ap-gto@yahoogroups. <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> com
From: ap-gto@yahoogroups. <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> com
[mailto:
ap-gto@yahoogroups. <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> com] On
Behalf Of
ayiomamitis
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:26 PM
To: ap-gto@yahoogroups. <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> com

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups. <mailto:ap-gto%40yahoogroups.com> com,
Jerry
Lodriguss <lists5@> wrote:

At 02:54 PM 4/10/2007, you wrote:
Before I retired, I used to have a personal business policy of
NEVER using
UPS because of their problematic performance, but I thought they
had now
improved over the years. Well, it's now back to FEDEX, which
I had
always used
previously, and rarely (if ever) had any problems.

Well, I just had a nightmare experience with FEDEX delivering
my AP
600E mount, so don't trust them either.
Personally, I am a great fan of USPS ... great service, great
rates and
never a problem!

Anthony.

Jerry

To UNSUBSCRIBE, or for general information on the ap-gto list see
http://groups. < http://groups. <http://groups.
yahoo.com/group/ap-gto> yahoo.com/group/ap-gto
Yahoo! Groups Links