Re: UPS delivery - be VERY careful

ayiomamitis

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Joseph Zeglinski" <J.Zeglinski@...> wrote:

Anthony,
Hi Joe,

The previous UPS delivery, a week before AP's, from OPT in
California,
took over a week. Yes, I really like the tracking system - it showed
that the
parcel was moving along every day, until it hit the UPS Ohio plant,
and took a
nice 4 day rest, before continuing. Is there a Homeland Security
depot in
Ohio, that perhaps got curious about outer space components going to
a foreign
country ... like Canada? :-)
In my case it is New Jersey. Things get stuck there for a few days
when using something other than EMS or "Two-Day Global Express
Guaranteed".

Anyway, all joking aside, I merely wanted to suggest to everyone
that
having a COD charge - at the door - at least guarantees you will see
the
driver with your package - personally.
I agree that with COD you are forcing the issue in your favour but COD
for overseas is most probably out of the question for us Europeans.

I was reading (in this group), about a month ago, about a fellow
who was
waiting, on an overdue delivery, for over a week of some special
telescope
lens, specially made with Roland's help, until he spotted his dog
way out in
the fields, mauling something. On closer inspection, he found it to
be the
errant lens package that UPS left on his porch. Guess no dog paw on
the UPS
signature form either.
This is both funny and sad. There is no way in hell you can blame Rex.

Anthony.

PS. Was Rex finetuning Rolando's polishing? LOL!

Joe