Re: UPS delivery - be VERY careful

ayiomamitis

Hi Marj,

Depending on how the package is sent via USPS, there is the ability to
track a package online and literally step by step as it travels from
office to office (in the US) and something similar in the foreign country.

For example, I am jumping when I see the note "Left local customs
office at xx:xx AM" when tracking an item since it will be at my post
office within 24 hours.

Anthony.

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Marj" <marj@...> wrote:

Joe (and Anthony),
The down side of USPS is that if a package is lost, there is no one
central company to deal with. There is the US post office and the post
office of the other country. It takes a long time to track something
down. We had a situation years ago where both post offices blamed the
other. After about 6 months, the package was returned to us.
Fortunately, it was an small accessory.

Marj Christen
Astro-Physics, Inc
11250 Forest Hills Road