Re: UPS delivery - be VERY careful

ayiomamitis

Dave,

I remember about two years ago when I sent my ST-2k back to SBIG for
service and they ignored my pleads for them to return it using USPS.
They used UPS and of course I got burned with their fees ... over $100
for a 2.5 kg package and I cleared the item through customs myself or,
otherwise, it would have been nearly double that.

I also have other bad experiences with UPS. I must confess that
whenever FedEx was involved, everything was fine without the slightest
problem.

Anyway, I use USPS at each and every possible opportunity. They have
fully earned my loyalty and business!

Anthony.

--- In ap-gto@yahoogroups.com, "Dave McDonald" <dmcdona@...> wrote:

Anthony - there's a difference between UPS and USPS.

Personally, and I'm clearly fortunate, of all shipment to me from
across the
pond, I've never had an ounce of trouble from any of the main
couriers (UPS
and FedEx) or postal services (USPS or An Post - Ireland). Lots of
heartbreak when they give me the Import and Sales tax bill of
course, but
safely delivered goods in one piece.

FWIW

Dave